Dual Enrollment/Dual Credit for High School Students
Federal Pell Grant Pilot
|Fine and Performing Arts Academy|
|Fast Track for Industry|
|How Do I Apply?|
|Federal Pell Grant Pilot|
|Future Foundation Scholarship|
|Career Tech Scholarship|
|Future Financial Aid|
|Dual Enrollment Manual|
|Dual Enrollment Brochure|
|Benefits of Dual Enrollment|
Tuition and fees at Wallace State are significantly
less than those at four year colleges.
Earn credit for both high school graduation and your
college degree with the same amount of coursework!
Get a jump start on your college career while easing
the transition from high school to college.
Dual Enrollment Students:
Wallace State was recently chosen as one of 44 colleges in the nation, and the only college in Alabama, to be selected as an experimental site for the use of Federal Pell Grants for dual enrollment students. In order to participate in this experimental program, students must be enrolled in a public high school in one of the following counties: Cullman, Blount, Morgan and Winston. Students must still meet all eligibility requirements of the dual enrollment program as well as any eligibility requirements of the Federal Pell Grant program.
For more information, check out the press releases below!
Wallace State Community College (Hanceville, Ala.) Selected for U.S. Department of Education’s “Expanding College Access Through the Dual Enrollment Pell Experiment”
Expanding College Access Through the Dual Enrollment Pell Experiment
1) Before beginning the FAFSA, all students must have a FSAID for both the student and the parent. This will require your e-mail address and a separate e-mail address for your parent. Please click on the document below for detailed instructions on obtaining your FSAID.
2) You will need to have the following information with you before you get started:
- 2015 Tax Returns for your parents (step-parents)
- 2015 Tax Returns for you
- W–2 forms for you/your parents
- Parent’s Social Security Numbers/Birthdates (month, day and year)
- Child support paid out/actually received in 2015
- Student’s driver license number
- Month and year parents were married, separated, divorced or widowed
This information is needed if you or your parents were required to complete a 1040 tax return instead of a 1040A/EZ. This would include families who report a business income or farm income.
- As of today, what is your (and spouse’s) total current balance of cash, savings and checking accounts?
- As of today, what is the net worth of your (and spouse’s) investments, including real estate? Don’t include the home you live in. Net worth means current value minus debt. Investments include real estate, trust funds, UGMA and UTMA accounts, money market funds, mutual funds, certificates of deposit, stocks, stock options, bonds, other securities, installment and land sale contracts (including mortgages held), commodities, etc. Investments also include qualified educational benefits or education savings accounts (e.g. Coverdell savings accounts, 529 college savings plans and the refund value of 529 prepaid tuition plans). Investments do not include the value of life-insurance, retirement plans (401k) plans, pension funds, annuities, non-education IRAs, Keogh plans, etc.
- As of today, what is the net worth of your (and spouse’s) current businesses and/or investment farms? Don’t include a family farm or family business with 100 or fewer full-time or full-time equivalent employees.
3) Click on the link below to begin your FAFSA.
5) When asked for school code - enter the school code for Wallace State – 007871
6) Question 26 will ask about high school completion – choose “None of the above”
7) There are many other videos available through Financial Aid TV on Wallace State’s Financial Aid website. You may find those videos by following the link below.
8) If you need additional assistance, please call 256-352-7844. Please allow 48-72 hours for phone calls to be returned.
We will also be hosting FAFSA workshops this summer for anyone needing additional assistance. Please check back for dates and times.