Student Learning Outcomes
The engaged student participates directly in learning activities.
- takes responsibility for his/her own learning
- uses effective learning strategies
- reflects on effectiveness of his/her own learning strategies
The critical thinker uses reason, ingenuity, and knowledge to examine relevant issues or ideas and solve problems.\
- identifies an issue or idea
- explores perspectives relevant to an issue or idea
- constructs well reasoned solutions/conclusions
- supports conclusions with fact
The effective communicator demonstrates the ability to articulate and exchange ideas using multiple forms of expression.
- uses standard English in speaking and writing
- writes sentences and paragraphs that are sequential and logical
- conveys a clear, organized purpose in writing
- reads and comprehends written information
- engages in an exchange of ideas
Uses Technology Effectively
The 21st century learner accesses and utilizes relative information effectively and responsibly.
- effectively searches for reliable information
- uses information and technology responsibly
- utilizes technology to enhance the learning experience
- uses information and technology related to his/her field of study and utilized in the workplace
Interacts in Diverse Environments
The responsible citizen develops awareness of the diversity of human experience, understanding and responding to interpersonal, historical, cultural and global contexts.
- demonstrates cultural competence
- collaborates with others in a variety of situations
- acts with respect for others