Talent Search at WSCC!
Welcome to Talent Search!
This TRIO program is funded by a grant from the U.S. Department of Education and housed at Wallace State Community College in Hanceville, Alabama. The Talent Search program assists individuals who have the potential to succeed in higher education. The program provides academic, career, and financial counseling to its participants and encourages them to graduate from high school and continue on to and complete their postsecondary education. Talent Search also encourages persons who have not completed education programs at the secondary or postsecondary level to enter or reenter and complete postsecondary education. The goal of Talent Search is to increase the number of youth from disadvantaged backgrounds who complete high school and enroll in and complete their postsecondary education. We serve students in grades 6-12 in fifteen schools in North/Central Alabama.
Wallace State Talent Search FREE services for Talent Search Students:
- Academic Advising
- ACT Prep Class
- Career Exploration
- College Information
- College Visit
- Cultural Enrichment/Activity/Field Trip
- Dual Enrollment Assistance
- Dual Enrollment FAFSA Completion
- Dual Enrollment Information
- Development of College – Motivation, Attitude, Behavior
- Financial Literacy Information
- Scholarship Information
- College Admissions Assistance
- FAFSA Assistance and/or Completion
- Study and Test Taking Skills
- Tutorial Service
- Upswing (Online Tutoring Service)
- If you are in the 6TH THROUGH 12TH Grade (or under the age of 27 working on your GED), and you are interested in being in Talent Search, complete a TALENT SEARCH APPLICATION.
Contact Information: 256-352-8230 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about the federal Talent Search program here, and check out our Wallace State Talent Search social media pages: