WSCC + UAB Nursing Joint Enrollment Partnership
Wallace State Community College’s (WSCC) Department of Nursing Education has announced a joint enrollment agreement with the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) that will allow Wallace State students a seamless pathway from an associate degree to a bachelor’s degree in nursing.
Both Wallace State and UAB have been designated as Centers of Excellence by the National League of Nursing.
The program will take nine semesters to complete. Students are required to complete four semesters of academic coursework before applying to both Wallace State and UAB in advance of the fifth semester. Classes for the last five semesters would be completed concurrently at the Wallace State-Hanceville campus and online through UAB.
For additional information please contact:
UAB/WSCC NURSING JOINT ENROLLMENT APPLICATION
Spring 2021 Application will open July 1, 2020 and close October 1, 2020
UAB/WSCC Nursing Joint Enrollment Advising Pamphlet
UAB/WSCC Nursing Joint APPLICATION Instructions
UAB/WSCC Nursing Joint Application Point Distribution Form
Before considering applying for admission to a nursing program, there are some essential functions that are necessary for the provision of safe and effective nursing care. Click the link to download the Essential Functions Outline.
Virtual Open House - Offered Monthly
UAB/WSCC Nursing Joint Enrollment Program Application Deadline
Spring Semester: Applications open July 1 with a deadline of September 1
Fall Semester: Applications open March 15 with a deadline of May 15
UAB/WSCC Nursing Joint Enrollment Program Admission Process
- Complete an Application for Admission to Wallace State.
- Request official transcripts from high school, all colleges/ universities attended be sent to WSCC for evaluation.
- Contact a Pre-Nursing Advisor to determine eligibility.
- Minimum ACT composite score of 20 is required. Refer to the current College Schedule for testing dates.
- After being accepted to Wallace State, submit a UAB/WSCC Joint Nursing Program Application.
- Print Application Checklist and Ranking Score Sheet to ensure all admission requirements are met.
After acceptance and orientation into the UAB/WSCC Nursing Joint Enrollment Program, students will be given directions on completing must complete the following requirements and uploading documentation to Nursing’s designated clinical requirement tracker:
- Upload proof of CPR certification from American Heart Association BLS Healthcare Provider course or American Red Cross BLS for Healthcare Provider. Online classes are not acceptable unless it contains an onsite skills demonstration.
- Provide proof of health insurance.
- Upload physician completed WSCC Nursing Physical Form.
- Submit to a random drug and alcohol testing for chemical dependency. You will be notified of the date to test by the WSCC Dean of Health Science – drug screening is an annual requirement and can also be required for cause and/or at random. Drug and Alcohol Testing Policy
- Background screens are required by clinical agencies utilized for clinical learning experiences. Clinical agencies may deny facility access based upon a student’s background screen. Acceptance to the nursing program is contingent on an acceptable background screen. Background Check Policy
- Individuals with criminal charges who plan to apply to the program should contact the Chair of Nursing to confidentially discuss eligibility for program admission.