The Nutcracker ballet to be performed at Wallace State Community College Nov. 17-19
Hanceville, AL — Wallace State Community College's Allegro Dance Theatre will partner with Ballet South and the Cullman Community Young Singers to present the beloved classic, “The Nutcracker,” for three performances at the Betty Leeth Haynes Theatre. Audiences will have the opportunity to experience the show on Friday and Saturday, Nov. 17 and 18, at 7 p.m., and Sunday, Nov. 19, at 2 p.m.
This will be the fourth year that “The Nutcracker” is presented at Wallace State Community College. The production is led by Brooke Desnoës, dance instructor at Wallace State and founder of Ballet South.
“The idea for our production of 'The Nutcracker’ has always been to bring together the Cullman community together in various forms to learn, work and to collaborate,” said Desnoës. “Hours of rehearsals, helping hands from grandparents who sew, families carpooling and considerable laughter are needed to produce this wonderful holiday classic.”
(FILE) Performers of the 2022 production of "The Nutcrakcer" dance in a scene featuring Clara and mice.
The show will feature over 80 performers this year. Thirty pre-professional dancers from Wallace State’s Allegro Dance Theatre and Ballet South, 25 community cast members, 26 young singers and numerous volunteers work behind the scenes to make the production come to life.
“Our goal is to give spectators and performers a truly memorable experience,” said Desnoës. I am very proud of all our performers and excited to share with the public their artistry and professionalism this year.”
Tickets are $15 for adults and $10 for children 12 and under and can be purchased in advance at balletsouth.booktix.net or at the door.
Other upcoming performances from Wallace State Performing Arts programs include:
- "Christmas Spectacular,” December 7 at 7 p.m., at the Betty Leeth Haynes Theatre, by the Wallace State Fine and Performing Arts program
- Broadway Night Cabaret, February 15 at 7 p.m., at the Burrow Center for the Fine and Performing Arts, by the by the Wallace State Fine and Performing Arts program
- Spring Dance Showcase, March 21 at 7 p.m., at the Betty Leeth Haynes Theatre, by Allegro Dance Theatre
- Wallace State Singers Spring Show, April 11-13, at the Betty Leath Haynes Theatre
- Kristen Holmes
- Vice President for Students and Chief Marketing Officer
submit a Marketing request