Tuition and Fees
|Credit Hours||Tuition $125/Hr.||Bond Surety Fee||Building Fee||Facility Renewal Fee||Technology Fee||Enhancement Fee||Total Tuition & Fees|
See the College Catalog for program-specific fees.
Students who are NOT residents of Alabama pay two times the stated rate of tuition. Fees are the same. ALL TUITION AND FEES ARE DUE AT REGISTRATION.
The following individuals shall be charged a rate of tuition not to exceed the in-state
rate for tuition and fees purposes:
• A Veteran using education assistance under either chapter 30 (Montgomery G.I. Bill – Active Duty Program) or chapter 33 (Post-9/11 G.I. Bill), of title 38, United States Code, who lives in Alabama while attending a school located in Alabama (regardless of his/her formal State of residence) and enrolls in the school within three years of discharge or release from a period of active duty service of 90 days or more.
• Anyone using transferred Post- 9/11 GI Bill benefits (38 U.S.C. §3319) who lives in Alabama while attending a school located in Alabama (regardless of his/her formal State of residence) and enrolls in the school within three years of the transferor’s discharge or release from a period of active duty service of 90 days or more.
• Anyone described above while he or she remains continuously enrolled (other than during regularly scheduled breaks between courses, semesters, or terms) at the same school. The person so described must have enrolled in the school prior to the expiration of the three year period following discharge or release as described above and must be using education benefits under either chapter 30 or chapter 33, of title 38, United States Code.
• Anyone using benefits under the Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship (38 U.S.C. §3311 (b)(9)) who lives in Alabama while attending a school located in Alabama (regardless of his/her formal state of residence).
• Anyone using transferred Post-9/11 G.I. Bill benefits (38 U.S.C. §3319) who lives in Alabama while attending a school located in Alabama (regardless of his/her formal state of residence) and the transferor is a member of the uniformed service who is serving on active duty.
• The policy shall be read to be amended as necessary to be compliant with the requirements of 38 U.S.C. §3679 as amended.
REMINDER: All tuition and fees should be paid online or in the Cashier’s Office according to the following schedule.You must drop all classes prior to the first day of class in order to avoid incurring charges.
Tuition Payment Plan
WSCC Students who do not pay 100 percent of their account balance by the earliest
due date, will automatically be enrolled in the WSCC Payment Plan, which will include
a $25 enrollment fee. The first payment of 1/3 is due prior to the start of classes
and the next two payments are due the following two months. Students who do not make
payments by the payment due date will incur a $50 late fee for each payment missed.
See the current Schedule of Classes for detailed information and due dates.
Tuition Refund Policy
Refund for partial withdrawal: Students who do not completely withdraw from the college but drop a class during the
regular drop/add period will be refunded the difference in tuition paid and the tuition
rate applicable to the reduced number of hours, including fees appropriate to the
classes dropped. There will be no refund to a student who partially withdraws after
the official drop/add period has ended.
Refund for a complete withdrawal: A student who officially or unofficially withdraws from all classes before the first day of class will be refunded the total tuition and other institutional charges. A student who officially or unofficially withdraws completely on or after the first day of class but prior to the end of the third week of class will be refunded according to the following prorated refund schedule posted in the current Schedule of Classes.
Administrative Fee: An administrative fee not to exceed 5% of tuition and other institutional charges
shall be assessed for each withdrawal within the period beginning the first day of
class and ending at the end of the third week of class.
NOTE: Insurance fees are non-refundable.
Tuition refunds are computed according to the date the student notifies the college Admission’s Office of their official withdrawal, not his/her last date of class attendance.
Wallace State does not give cash refunds: Under normal circumstances, refund checks are issued weekly and mailed to the student. If payment was made by check, the student must wait 15 days for the check to clear before a refund is issued. Refer to the current academic calendar for drop/add and withdrawal deadlines.
CHECK BALANCE: Students can view their balance via their myWallaceState account. To access your balance please follow these steps:
- Log on to your myWallaceState account.
- Click on Student Account tab
- Click on Account Detail for Term.
- Select Term and Submit.
To pay your balance using a Debit or Credit Card, or check, you may select Payment Processing, under Student Account.
Click here for the Cashier's Office.
Get Started Today
Take the first step towards a better future.