Diesel By Distance Program
Wallace State's Diesel by Distance, launched during the Fall 2020 semester, is among the most flexible and innovative diesel technology programs available within the Alabama Community College System, the state and country.
Diesel by Distance offers students:
- Flexibility – Flexible schedules that work for YOU.
- Employability – Earn the certifications and skills needed to become an entry-level technician.
- Sustainability – Begin a long-lasting and rewarding career.
- Accessibility – Have the latest technology at your fingertips.
- Affordability – Tuition is $164 per credit hour and there are several funding opportunities that students can apply for to see if they are eligible.
Instruction occurs in an online format, complemented by virtual reality labs and periodic competency demonstrations on campus scheduled at the student’s convenience, such as on weekends or evenings.
Individuals enrolled in Wallace State’s Diesel Technology program, led by instructor Jeremy Smith, can earn an Associate in Applied Science in the field or pursue multiple certificates, including those in:
- Preventative Maintenance
- Diesel Engine Specialist
- Transportation Trailer Technology
- Heavy Utility Vehicle Specialist
“Our Diesel by Distance programs allow students from all over Alabama, the United States and the world to enroll in diesel technology courses with an online theory format. We’re able to provide sessions with live feedback and to train using all the technological advances we’re given. If we have students who need to watch live labs late in the evening, we’ll be here for them,” said Jeremy Smith, Chair of the Diesel Technology Program.
ContactAnna Parrish Beard
Diesel by Distance Project Coordinator
James C. Bailey Center Rm. 1108