One Door. Any Destiny.
No need to knock. The door to opportunity is wide open at Wallace State. Since 1966, Wallace State Community College has been connecting community members to big-time opportunities, innovating higher education in Alabama and winning awards along the way.
Multiple Locations. One Door.
The Wallace State Difference
Recipient of Numerous Accolades
Repeatedly earned the distinction as a Military Friendly College
League for Innovation in the Community College's 2020 winner of the Innovation of the Year Award
Ranked among the Top Community Colleges in the U.S. by the Aspen Institute three times in five years
Named the safest college campus in Alabama in 2019 by Your Local Security
One of only two community colleges in the nation to be designated an All-Steinway School
Ranked the Best Online Community College in Alabama by Guide to Online Schools in 2020
Why Wallace State?
- Part of a System that serves 300,000 students annually and delivers $3 billion+ in economic impact.
- Repeatedly recognized by the Aspen Institute as one of the top 150 community colleges in the United States.
- League for Innovation “Innovation of the Year” winner.
- Student success and CAAP testing rates consistently stronger than average.
- Ranked Best Online Community College in Alabama by Guide to Online Schools.
- Explore 100+ in-demand degree, certificate and transfer options.
- Join us as early as high school through dual enrollment, FastTrack Academy, Tech-Prep, and more.
- Transfer your credits with confidence. The Alabama Transfers articulation system ensures your path to any Alabama public college or university.
- Learn on the latest hybrid tech, like interactive SmartBoards, Tegrity, teleconferencing, podcasting, and more.
- Join a connected community of support, and access award-winning support resources, from enrollment to graduation.
Nothing but open doors.
With opportunity knocking, in the workforce and in the world, there has never been a better time to join the Pride. Discover Wallace State.
More About Wallace State
Wallace State Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate degrees. Wallace State Community College also may offer credentials such as certificates and diplomas at approved degree levels. Questions about the accreditation of Wallace State Community College may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).
It is the policy of Wallace State Community College, a postsecondary institution under the control of the Alabama Community College System Board of Trustees, that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, or sexual orientation be excluded from participation in, be denied benefit of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity or employment. The College will not retaliate against any person because they have engaged in a protected activity opposing the College or because they have made a complaint, testified, assisted, or participated in any manner in an investigation, proceeding or hearing alleging discrimination on a basis specified above.
While every effort has been made to ensure that the information on this web site is valid, we cannot guarantee its absolute accuracy, currency, or reliability. This web site is intended for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice.