On-Campus ACT Testing
Fridays @ 8:30 am
- December 2, 2022
- February 3, 2023
- March 10, 2023
- April 7, 2023
- May 19, 2023
- August 4, 2023
- December 1, 2023
See registration deadlines below.
School of Nursing and Center for Science
To provide student with necessary college entrance requirements and to help determine placement in math and English.
ACT Testing FAQs
Who can take the test?
- Only students who have completed a Wallace State application for admission.
Will this ACT transfer to a four-year school?
- No. This is meant for placement purposes and for entrance into WSCC health programs.
How do I register for the WSCC On-Campus ACT?
- Pay test fee online via myWallaceState or at the Cashier’s office by check, cash or card. Call 256-352-8141 for more information.
How much does the test cost?
- The testing fee is $72 for the December 2, 2022.
- The testing fee is $76 for the 2023 year.
How do I pay for it?
- On your myWallacestate account.
- Click on the Student tab
- Choose Student Services
- Click Payment Make a Payment, Deposit, and Payment Plan
- Click on Make Payment and look for ACT under Additional Items
- In-person at the Cashier’s office in the Bailey Building.
When is payment due?
- Students will not be permitted to take the test until payment has been received. Please pay for the test before the test date. Payment can not be received at check-in.
How often can I take the On-Campus ACT?
- Students are permitted to take the On-Campus ACT once in a 60-day period.
When are the next test dates?
- December 2, 2022 - registration deadline Thursday, December 1, midnight
- February 3, 2023 - registration deadline Thursday, February 2, midnight
- March 10, 2023 - registration deadline Thursday, March 9, midnight
- April 7, 2023 - registration deadline Thursday, April 6, midnight
- May 19, 2023 - registration deadline Thursday, May 18, midnight
- August 4, 2023 - registration deadline Thursday, August 3, midnight
- December 1, 2023 - registration deadline Thursday, November 30, midnight
Note: Same day registration will not be allowed.
Where is the test given?
- School of Nursing and Center for Science. A campus map can be found here: www.wallacestate.edu/about-wscc/directions-to-wscc
- The exact testing room will be designated on test day, and campus personnel will assist you in locating your room.
What time does it start?
- Testing will begin at 8:30 AM. Plan to arrive at 8:00 AM.
What do I need to bring?
- Receipt (printed or screenshot)
- Photo ID
- Mask (optional)
- ACT approved calculator. Check your calculator here: http://www.act.org/content/dam/act/unsecured/documents/ACT-calculator-policy.pdf
- Number 2 pencil
How long will the test last?
- It is approximately 4 hours long. There will be a break between tests two and three.
Can I bring a drink and/or food?
- You can bring a drink with a lid and food. Food will not be allowed in the testing rooms.
- Vending machines will be available.
Do you offer the writing portion of the ACT?
- No, the writing portion is not given. The On-Campus ACT consists of English, math, science and reading.
Do you superscore test results?
- Currently, Wallace State does not participate in the ACT superscore.
When can I expect to receive my On-Campus ACT scores?
- Test results are posted to your myWallaceState account within two weeks after the test date.
How can I view my On-Campus ACT scores?
- Log in to your myWallaceState account: https://www.wallacestate.edu/mywallacestatelogin
Username: A012345678@wallacestate.edu (your A student number)
Password: !ACCS012599 = January 22, 1999 (!ACCS + your six digit date of birth)
• Click on Student
• Click on Student Services
• Click on Student Profile
• On the left-had side of screen, click on Prior Education and Testing
• Testing scores will show on the right-hand side of the screen under the TESTING block.
Who can I contact if I have further questions?
- Devan Ponder at email@example.com or 256-352-8413.