Withdrawal Procedures

Please be aware of the consequences of withdrawing from classes if you have received federal loan or grant funds.

Students withdrawing before the 60% point of the semester who have received a Pell Grant and/or Direct Loans will owe for the amount that WSCC is required to return to the United States Department of Education or other lender/guarantor. You may see this requirement referred to as "Return to Title IV" or "R2T4."  You will be billed for the amount of funds that WSCC is required to return. Students who owe this repayment will not be allowed to use any Title IV financial assistance at WSCC or any other institution until the repayment is made. Your student account will be placed on hold for transcripts, grades, registration, and student checks until the debt is paid.

A tuition refund schedule is published each semester in the current schedule of classes under "Tuition & Fees," or click here. Please note you must drop all classes prior to the first day of class in order to avoid incurring charges.

Please contact the Wallace State Financial Aid Office before withdrawing if you have questions.

Financial Aid Office
Wallace State Community College
PO Box 2000
Hanceville AL 35077


(256) 352-8182 Office
(256) 352-8122 Office Fax
(256) 352-8228 WSCC Fax