Admission Requirements and Curriculum
- Meet all the general admission requirements of WSCC.
- Be eligible for ENG 101 according to ACCUPLACER scores.
- Possess an ACT score of at least 16
- Possess a 2.3 grade point average on a 4.0 scale
- Submit an application to WSCC by June 1
- Submit a Dental Assisting Program application to the Dental Assisting Program Director by June 1.
Selection and Notification:
- The Dental Assisting Program admits 24 students each Fall semester
- Students are selected on the basis of ACT score and GPA
- In the event of a tie, the higher GPA will break the tie
- Students must respond in writing or e-mail, confirming their intent to enroll, within 7 days after receipt of their acceptance letter. A student who fails to respond will result in forfeiture of their place in the class. A signed consent to drug testing must accompany the acceptance confirmation.
- Students accepted must attend a mandatory orientation session. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of their place in the class.
- Upon acceptance into the program students must submit a physical examination form (current within one year), which includes documentation of immunizations along with evidence of having begun the Hepatitis B vaccinations. Proof of current certification in BLS for Health Care Providers must be presented by the first day of class. Only courses from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross are acceptable. Online CPR courses are not acceptable. Current CPR certification must be maintained throughout the program.
- Proof of health insurance must be presented the first day of class and maintained throughout the program.