EMT Basic Application Instructions
1. Apply to Wallace State Community College Admissions- If currently attending WSCC and have completed the following, see Meet Emergency
Medical Services Requirements in section below.
Applicant must meet the following Wallace State Community College admission criteria:
- Apply to WSCC Admissions 6-8 weeks prior to program deadline. Must be unconditionally admitted to the college in good standing.
- Official college transcripts from each college previously attended must be submitted to WSCC Admissions one month prior to program deadline.
- Official ACT Scores must be submitted to WSCC Admissions one month prior to program deadline.
- If seeking Financial Aid, complete FAFSA application (fafsa.gov), School Code: 007871 by June 1.
NOTE: It is the responsibility of each applicant to ensure that all information is on file in Admissions prior to application deadline.
2. Meet Basic Emergency Medical Technician Requirements
Applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Be eligible to enroll in ENG 101 according to ACCUPLACER or ACT English scores or have completed ENG 101 with a grade of 75 or better. Students placing into remedial coursework are not eligible for program entry.
- Possess current certification as a Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider or enroll in EMS 100 upon program acceptance. Proof of active/current CPR certification for health-care providers will be required. (American Heart Association - BLS-Health Care Provider). This certification can also be obtained by registering for EMS 100 at WSCC. (Online CPR courses WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED).
- Submit the online health division application with all required attachments by deadline. Applications received after deadline will be considered on a space available basis.
- Student must meet the essential functions and technical standards required for the program as documented on the required WSCC physical form. Form to be completed upon program acceptance, view now for reference only.
NOTE: Each health program has an online program application process which requires documents to be uploaded and submitted for evaluation. All information must be uploaded to each online application to be complete. Information will NOT be accepted in person, by mail/email or via fax.
Any missing documentation may result in your application being declined.
The application must be prepared by the applicant. Mailing address, email, and phone number must be current in order to receive correspondence. Please check email periodically for application notifications. Applicants will be notified by email of your acceptance outcome. No information regarding individual admission status will be given via telephone; do not call Admission or the program directly to obtain status. Log in to your account to review application.
3. Before you start the application, you will need
All required documents must be uploaded to the application in PDF format.
- ACCUPLACER scores or ACT Composite score- (National or Residual Test accepted) Scores printed from Degree Works will be accepted
for Wallace State students. Transcripts with ACT score are also acceptable.
- Save file as – your LAST NAME, FIRST NAME SCORE.pdf
- Unofficial Copy of Transcript- Print most current unofficial transcript from each college previously attended. College name & student name must
be on each transcript. The unofficial transcript must include all pages (even blank ones). WSCC Admissions office CANNOT print transcripts from other colleges. The WSCC transcript
can be obtained from your MyWallaceState account.
- For each individual college transcript,
Save file as – your LAST NAME, FIRST NAME college name.pdf.
- If no college attended, High School transcripts are required,
Save file as – your LAST NAME, FIRST NAME HS.pdf
- If submitting CLEP or AP credit, an official score report must be included. Save file as – your FULL NAME CLEP.pdf
- For each individual college transcript,
- CPR Card– Proof of active/current AHA Approved CPR certification for Healthcare Providers
(or BLS) must be uploaded (cognitive hands-on – Online CPR courses not accepted).
- Save file as – your LAST NAME, FIRST NAME CPR.pdf
Any missing documentation will result in your application being declined.
When all documents above are gathered, scanned, and named correctly proceed to application link below.
How to Scan to PDF
All documents must be named as directed above and uploaded to the online application. Document format must be PDF with 16 MB limit. All documents must be legible to be valid. All pages of document (even blank pages, full set of page numbers) must be uploaded to be complete. ** Only one image per page. If document contains multiple pages, these pages MUST be batched together into a single PDF document.
- Download the Free Cam Scanner App to your smart phone, https://www.camscanner.com/
- Set up Free Basic Account. See free tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZRaIwludu8
- From App, select files to send.
- Add applicant email address. Tap Send.
- Open email from computer, rename document as directed above and upload to online application when prompted.
4. Apply to the Program Applications are accepted in the spring, summer and fall. Please review the current
application for the deadline to apply. Applications received after the deadline will
be on a space available basis.
First time Dynamic Forms users will be required to “Create New Account” upon entering the online application.
In order to receive application notifications, use the most frequently accessed email address to “create new account”.
The application will time out after 45 minutes. A "Save Progress" button is accessible for your convenience. The draft is saved in My Forms. Application is not complete until all documents are uploaded and completed application has been submitted. A confirmation email will be sent.
Meeting Minimal Requirements Does Not Guarantee Acceptance. Students are selected on the basis of completion of all program requirements prior to the deadline and ranked based on General Education Worksheet total.
Please check email periodically for application notifications. Once application information is submitted, it becomes the property of Wallace State Community College and will not be released from this application. Application data is not kept on file from previous submissions.
Accepted students are required to submit to drug screenings and background checks, as well as attend a mandatory program orientation. Drug Testing Policy and Background Check Policy are available for viewing on the Health Division page.