Paramedic Application Instructions
1. Apply to Wallace State Community College Admissions- If currently attending WSCC and have completed the following, see Meet Emergency Medical Services Requirements in section below.
Applicant must meet the following Wallace State Community College admission criteria:
- Apply to WSCC Admissions 6-8 weeks prior to program deadline. Must be unconditionally admitted to the college in good standing.
- Official college transcripts from each college previously attended must be submitted to WSCC Admissions one month prior to program deadline.
- Official ACT Scores must be submitted to WSCC Admissions one month prior to program deadline.
- If seeking Financial Aid, complete FAFSA application (fafsa.gov), School Code: 007871 by June 1.
NOTE: It is the responsibility of each applicant to ensure that all information is on file in Admissions prior to application deadline.
2. Meet Emergency Medical Services Requirements
Applicant must meet the following requirements:
- A minimum of 17 ACT composite score (National, Residual or Superscore) is required for admission consideration. Proof of score must be uploaded to online application. ACT scores are available on Degree Works reports, transcripts including High School, and through ACT.org. While an official score report is not required, if ordering your score report from ACT.org, please use Code 0083 and allow 4-6 weeks for processing. Wallace will receive your score from ACT and add it on your myWallace account. To use scores available on ACT.org you will need to print to PDF, we do not accept screenshots. We will accept ACT Superscores from ACT, but not manually calculated ACT Superscores. Higher scores will receive more points in the application process. Scan the document to PDF format and save the file as: your LAST NAME, FIRST NAME ACT.pdf, you will upload the document to your online application.
- Be eligible to enroll in ENG 101 according to ACCUPLACER or ACT English scores or have completed ENG 101 with a grade of 75 or better. Students placing into remedial coursework are not eligible for program entry.
- Be eligible to enroll in MTH 100 according to ACCUPLACER or ACT Math scores or have completed MTH 100 with a grade of 75 or better. Students placing into remedial coursework are not eligible for program entry.
- Possess current certification as a Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider or enroll in EMS 100 upon program acceptance. Proof of active/current CPR certification for health-care providers will be required. (American Heart Association - BLS-Health Care Provider). This certification can also be obtained by registering for EMS 100 at WSCC. (Online CPR courses WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED).
- Possess a current Alabama EMT or Advanced EMT License (supply copy with program application) - Active Status.
- Submit the online health division application with all required attachments by deadline. Applications received after deadline will be considered on a space available basis.
- Student must meet the essential functions and technical standards required for the program as documented on the required WSCC physical form. Form to be completed upon program acceptance, view now for reference only.
NOTE: Each health program has an online program application process which requires documents to be uploaded and submitted for evaluation. All information must be uploaded to each online application to be complete. Information will NOT be accepted in person, by mail/email or via fax.
Any missing documentation may result in your application being declined.
The application must be prepared by the applicant. Mailing address, email, and phone number must be current in order to receive correspondence. Please check email periodically for application notifications. Applicants will be notified by email of your acceptance outcome. No information regarding individual admission status will be given via telephone; do not call Admission or the program directly to obtain status. Log in to your account to review application.
3. Before you start the application, you will need
All required documents must be uploaded to the application in PDF format.
- General Education Worksheet- Must be printed and completed using a black ink pen or by using the fillable form. The light grey shaded areas are required.
- Save file as – your LAST NAME, FIRST NAME GPA.pdf
- ACT composite score and ACCUPLACER scores- (National or Residual Test accepted) Scores printed from Degree Works will be accepted for Wallace State students. Transcripts with ACT score are also acceptable. Student’s name must be listed.
- Save file as – your LAST NAME, FIRST NAME SCORE.pdf
- Unofficial Copy of Transcript- Print most current unofficial transcript from each college previously attended. College name & student name must
be on each transcript. The unofficial transcript must include all pages (even blank ones). WSCC Admissions office CANNOT print transcripts from other colleges. The WSCC transcript
can be obtained from your MyWallaceState account.
- For each individual college transcript,
Save file as – your LAST NAME, FIRST NAME college name.pdf.
- If no college attended, High School transcripts are required,
Save file as – your LAST NAME, FIRST NAME HS.pdf
- If submitting CLEP or AP credit, an official score report must be included. Save file as – your LAST NAME, FIRST NAME CLEP.pdf
- For each individual college transcript,
- CPR Card– Proof of active/current AHA Approved CPR certification for Healthcare Providers (or BLS) must be uploaded (cognitive hands-on – Online CPR courses not accepted).
- Save file as – your LAST NAME, FIRST NAME CPR.pdf
Any missing documentation will result in your application being declined.
When all documents above are gathered, scanned and named correctly proceed to application link below.
How to Scan to PDF
All documents must be named as directed above and uploaded to the online application. Document format must be PDF with 16 MB limit. All documents must be legible to be valid. All pages of document (even blank pages, full set of page numbers) must be uploaded to be complete. ** Only one image per page. If document contains multiple pages, these pages MUST be batched together into a single PDF document.
- Download the Free Cam Scanner App to your smart phone, https://www.camscanner.com/
- Set up Free Basic Account. See free tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZRaIwludu8
- From App, select files to send.
- Add applicant email address. Tap Send.
- Open email from computer, rename document as directed above and upload to online application when prompted.
4. Apply to the Program Applications are accepted beginning on Feb.1 each year for EMS Paramedic Program.
Applications received after the deadline will be on a space available basis. Please
review the current application for the deadline.
First time Dynamic Forms users will be required to “Create New Account” upon entering the online application.
In order to receive application notifications, use the most frequently accessed email address to “create new account”.
The application will time out after 45 minutes. A "Save Progress" button is accessible for your convenience. The draft is saved in My Forms. Application is not complete until all documents are uploaded and completed application has been submitted. A confirmation email will be sent.
Meeting Minimal Requirements Does Not Guarantee Acceptance. Students are selected on the basis of completion of all program requirements prior to the deadline and ranked based on General Education Worksheet total.
Please check email periodically for application notifications. Once application information is submitted, it becomes the property of Wallace State Community College and will not be released from this application. Application data is not kept on file from previous submissions.
Accepted students are required to submit to drug screenings and background checks, as well as attend a mandatory program orientation. Drug Testing Policy and Background Check Policy are available for viewing on the Health Division page.